28 April: BECC seminar with Thomas Elmqvist on urban ecosystem services
Welcome to a BECC seminar on biodiversity, ecosystem services and sustainable urban development. Invited key note speaker is Professor Thomas Elmqvist, Stockholm Resilience Centre.
The seminar is free and open for persons working with or interested in urban biodiversity, ecosystem services, planning and management.
The seminar will be held in English.
- Thomas Elmqvist, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University,
Urban ecosystem services
Presentation by Thomas Elmqvist (as pdf)
- Henrik Smith, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research, Lund University,
Landscape, ecosystem services and cities
- Johanna Alkan Olsson, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research, Lund University,
Urban planning in the future-the role of science in handling urban challenges
- Caroline Isaksson, Department of Biology, Lund University,
Effects of urbanisation on avian health
- Deniz Koca, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research, Lund University
Stakeholder participatory group modelling to address the inclusion of ecosystem services in city planning process - Experiences from Malmö city
About Thomas Elmqvist
His research is focused on ecosystem services, land use change, urbanization, natural disturbances and components of resilience including the role of social institutions.