An Action group (AG) is focused on specific problem areas that can, should or are being addressed by on-going research within BECC. They relate to areas or questions discussed in the BECC funding proposal or, occasionally, to emerging areas that have arisen since BECC began.
AGs exist for a limited time during which they will act to find ways to utilise the expertise, resources and networks connected to BECC to initiate activities addressing its specific problem area. This may involve setting up new links between existing research projects or individuals, arranging seminars and workshops, writing synthesis papers, reports or policy briefs, preparing applications for external funding, or recommending ways of using BECC funding to support new research projects, visiting scientists, recruitments or interactions with stakeholders.
- An AG is active 6-12 months from day of decision to end.
- Target group for AGs are young researchers that want to develop interdisciplinary actions.
- Recommended request for financing of AG coordination is 10% “friköp” 6-12 months.
- Recommended request for financing of AG actions e.g. writing synthesis, development and writing of research proposals etc is “friköp” up to 4 months (specified in the proposal).
- An approved AG get 5000 SEK for running costs for the AG, this financing should be used for meetings, travel to and from meetings and small running costs.
- There is no specific format for an action group proposal, but it should be no longer than two pages
- When completing an AG a report about activities and outcome shall be compiled.
- Information about an active AG shall be on BECCs web-site and in Newsletters.
Please consider gender aspects, inter-disciplinary aspects, synthesis, stakeholder and the connection between Gothenburg and Lund when sending in proposals for different activities.
Interested in starting a new AG?
Proposals for new action groups can be sent to the board at any time, but preferably they are first discussed with the theme leaders. Decisions to start new action groups are taken by the board.Find all Action Groups 2016 here
Please notice that funding for workshops and seminars are separate processes open at all times.
anna.boo [at] cec.lu.se