BECC is recruiting an Assistant Professor in Political Science
We are looking for an ambitious political scientist in the beginning of his/her career who aims for a future career as university lecturer and researcher. The term for this position in Swedish is biträdande lektor. The official translation is Associate Senior Lecturer. The position is the equivalent to what in the American university system is called Assistant Professor.
The successful candidate will conduct research and teach political science at undergraduate and graduate levels. The position includes a minimum of 50 percent research and a maximum of 50 percent teaching and possibly administration which should relate to and strengthen BECC’s research profile. The successful candidate will conduct independent research and enjoys the freedom to choose his or her own research questions, develop his or her own theoretical ideas, and choose the most appropriate methods but will be expected to contribute to BECC in the following ways:
- Contribute to and strengthen governance and policy research in BECC
- Take an active part in the multidisciplinary activities within BECC, such as contributing with research proposals, supervise post graduate students and contribute to BECC’s graduate research school
- Engage in the Environmental Politics Research Group at the Department of Political Science
- Teach political science in multidisciplinary programs
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders within and outside Sweden
Last application date is 3 December 2017.
Read more about this position.