Biodiversity and ecosystem services in agriculture, forestry and urban environments
Each day will have a session with lectures in the morning, with one keynote lecture (45 min) and two shorter, more specific contributing lectures (30 min). Lecturers at each day prepare a set of questions and related references to provide to the students at least two weeks in advance of the course. Course participants will then work on these issues in the afternoons and present their results/opinions for discussion later the same day.
• Multifunctionality in production landscapes (Micael Jonnson, Umeå University)
• Linking biodiversity and ecosystem services across scales (Johan Ekroos, Lund University)
• Decisions, governance and their relationship to ecosystem services and biodiversity (Julia Leventon, Leuphana University)
• The economics of biodiversity and ecosystem services (Mark Brady, Lund University / SLU AgriFood)
• Ecosystem services in urban environments – research and planning (Chiara Cortinovis, Lund University)
• Excursion and case-study with the ecologist from Hässleholm municipality (Lars-Erik Williams, Hässleholm municipality)
The list of speaker names is not final and potentially subject to change.
Course participants will then work on these issues in the afternoons and present their results/opinions for discussion later the same day.
The Course is free for all PhD students at Lund University and registered PhD students in ClimBEco.
You may find the full course description here
Registeration deadline November 1st here