The colloidal property of soil organic matter
The aim of the project was:
• To develop experimental protocols that will allow the characterization of organic colloids in field samples exposed to minimal manipulation using X-ray scattering and X-ray absorption techniques at the MAX IV synchrotron facility.
• To characterize the colloidal properties of organic matter in water from different landscapes elements, and thereby make connections between environmental factors and the properties of colloidal organic matter.
• To explore temporal effects in colloidal organic matter.
• To follow the variation of colloidal organic matter in a complete catchment area.
• To determine the mutual effects of the interactions between Fe and colloidal organic matter, and their influence on organic matter transport and Fe redox chemistry.